Please note that this not a vegan or clean recipe.
- 8 oz (224g) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Squares
- 3/4 cup (170g) Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup (200g) White Fine Sugar (also known as granulated sugar)
- 2 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup (219g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 cups (240g) Icing Sugar
- 1/2 cup (113g) Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sea moss gel
- 1/4 cup (76g) Dulce de Leche
- 1 tbsp Heavy Cream
- In a large heat proof bowl add chocolate and butter. Melt butter and chocolate on the stove top over a saucepan of hot water or slowly melt in the microwave.
- In a large mixing bowl using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment add the sugar. Slowly pour the chocolate mixture into the sugar and beat on low until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat until smooth and well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture in 2-3 additions. Beat until smooth and dough forms into a ball. Cover with plastic and refrigerate dough until firm, approx. 1 hour.
- Meanwhile make your icing. In a mixing bowl add icing sugar, butter and dulce de leche and whisk on high. Add heavy cream and whisk until light and fluffy. Add icing to a piping bag fitted with a star tip and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once cookie dough is firm, roll dough into teaspoon size balls. Place balls on a cookie sheet approx. 2 inches apart. Flatten each ball with the palm of your hand and using a fork slide the fork over the top of each cookie to make an imprint.
- Bake for approx. 10 minutes, just until they are no longer shiny. Let cookies sit on the baking sheet to cool. They will harden as they cool.
- Once cookies are cool, pipe icing on the back side of one cookie and sandwich together with another cookie. Repeat with all the cookies.
Store cookies at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to one month.
Prep Time: 1 Hour
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
Yield: 42 Cookies